After a ten-hour flight, we arrived safely at Tel Aviv airport. We met our tour guide, Ibrahim Salameh, and drove another hour to Bethlehem. We checked into our hotel, had a delicious dinner, and called it an early night, feeling jet lagged and eager to get some rest for our first full day in the Holy Land.
This morning, we will head to Bethlehem University, where we’ll enjoy a lecture on the Old City of Jerusalem and its History, before departing for our tour of the city.
Our first group shot in Boston Logan. Everyone is checked in and ready for our flight to Newark.
Saint Michael’s College students and faculty are very excited about our upcoming study abroad trip to the Holy Land.
During this course, students will:
1. Develop a basic knowledge of the geography of Palestine, including the location of sites with particular religious importance.
2. Develop a basic knowledge of the religious history of the Holy Land from the Second Temple period through the present day.
3. Develop a basic knowledge of the particular salvation history of Jews, Christians and Muslims.
4. Develop a clear understanding of the ways in which the Holy Land has been integrated into Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious conceptions.
5. Develop a familiarity with various genres of religious writing connected to the Holy Land, including pilgrimage accounts, geographical and historical chronicles, miracle tales, modern fiction, and online apologetics.
Please come back soon for more updates.