Saint Michael’s College students and faculty are very excited about our upcoming study abroad trip to the Holy Land.
During this course, students will:
1. Develop a basic knowledge of the geography of Palestine, including the location of sites with particular religious importance.
2. Develop a basic knowledge of the religious history of the Holy Land from the Second Temple period through the present day.
3. Develop a basic knowledge of the particular salvation history of Jews, Christians and Muslims.
4. Develop a clear understanding of the ways in which the Holy Land has been integrated into Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious conceptions.
5. Develop a familiarity with various genres of religious writing connected to the Holy Land, including pilgrimage accounts, geographical and historical chronicles, miracle tales, modern fiction, and online apologetics.
Please come back soon for more updates.